GPL Odorizers recommends to operators that are integrating advanced odorant injection systems to acquire training units to safely and efficiently train their employees on such equipment in a controlled environment, and that is the GPL Odorization Solutions #11.
With technological advancements, especially regarding industrial equipment and processes, many of the traditional ways of operating, maintaining, and repairing such equipment change. With these modifications, operators are faced with not only implementing new systems to take advantage of the new-technology benefits but also, they become challenged to safely and proficiently train their staff on the new system.
Some operators acquire training units or test benches on the new systems. In these cases, the training unit is usually set up in the workshop where the staff can be introduced to the equipment either individually or in classes. This approach benefits the company by providing hands-on training and even an opportunity to cross-train staff.
Additionally, the training unit becomes an ongoing resource for operators to keep their employees proficient in the operation of the equipment and train new employees as the workforce turns over.
Among the advantages of using training units with group classes include:
- Employees gain first-hand knowledge of the equipment operation and software in the workshop.
- Staff receives quick feedback about the equipment used.
- Employees can learn through observation and collaboration with each other, particularly in classes.
- Employees can learn from mistakes in a controlled environment.
- Hands-on training in the workshop reduces the time and expense of teaching the employees in the field.