The following is the recommended preventative maintenance for the GPL Z9000 natural gas odorizer. These are guidelines and may vary depending on each site’s circumstances and history of performance. Also, a perfect place to acquaint yourself with this odorant injection system is the GPL Z9000 Instructional Video page.
GPL Z9000 Weekly Examination
- Check the odorizer for alarms.
- Assess the number of Auto Clears used.
- If half of the Auto Clears have been used, search for the problem and try to resolve it.
- Verify that the settings are correct and the unit is odorizing the desired level.
- Check the regulators to assure they are holding proper system pressure.
- Verify that the optics are calibrated.
Monthly Odorizer Check
- Confirm that the nuts and bolts are tight and the servo motor is not too loose or too tight.
- Check for visible signs of leaks.
- Sniff for extreme odor inside the box.
- Inspect the level gauge on the tank and assure it is moving.
Biannual Odorant Injection Inspection
- Inspect the tank for leaks or damage.
- Make sure the reservoir level is over 25%. If less, refill the tank.
- Remove the actuator and manually check the isolation valve for shut off.
- Remove the servo and inspect the metering valve for smooth operation.
- If the battery on CPU is low, replace it.
Annual Odorization System Preventative Maintenance
- Check the power supply and make sure it is functioning properly.
- Inspect the solar panels for chips, cracks or other damage.
- Inspect solar batteries for damage.
- Change the filter element.
- Replace the O-rings in the metering valve.
Download the Z9000 Installation and Maintenance Manual.
Of course, a perfect place to acquaint yourself with this odorizer is the GPL Z9000 Instructional Video page. If you require maintenance on the odorizer contact GPL Odorizers.